I am honored and humbled to be nominated by the Alliance Party of South Carolina as a fusion candidate for SC House 106! I will appear on the ballot twice this November, giving voters even more choice for their new voice. Together we can, and we will #Fix106!
There are Six words to describe the Alliance’s principles and governing philosophy. Everything is based on these foundational values:
- Unity, and therefore Community
As as Candidate Agreement with the Alliance Party, I have agreed to the following:
- Adhere to the Alliance Core Values and support, present and represent the Alliance Party in a positive manner.
- Not accept “dark money”, that is, money from individuals or organizations that will not allow disclosure of their contributions
- Not accept “strings attached money” and no money will influence my decisions or policy positions.
- Disclose all contributions during campaigns and disclosure of all income received while in office during the preceding year, including the source and amount.
- Limit my terms of office to no more than a combination of 12 years of elected service at the state and/or federal level. The exemptions from this calculation of elected years of service are years in local elected office and years of service in the office of governor and/or President of the United States. Exemptions for fulfillment of vacant unexpired terms may apply.
- Act in a non-partisan manner once in office and work for all of my constituents as a pragmatic problem solver. Rely on core Constitutional principles as my guiding light.
- Act with integrity, competence, courtesy, respect and in an ethical manner with citizens and fellow citizen-representatives regardless of affiliations. I will also honor all personal pledges to constituents.
- Not allow my personal, ideological, religious or other biases to have an undue influence on the peoples’ business by remaining intellectually open-minded and relying on verifiable data and best practices in crafting public policy.
- Not resort to negative campaigning and instead provide constructive proposals and Alliance Party perspectives.
- Seek to remain in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and provide regulators and constituents with full transparency.
- Within 90 days of the general election, publicize on my website a redacted copy of pages one and two of Form 1040, Schedule A and Schedule 1 (if filed) of my federal income tax filings over the past three years. I further agree to make subsequent schedules (if filed) for the same timeframe available upon request. »Click here to download Ryan Thompson Tax Returns 2019, 2020, 2021 (99.11KB .zip)
- Adhere to this code of conduct with the understanding that the Alliance Party Executive Committee at my state or at the national level may elect to censure any violations or, in more serious instances of violations, withdraw the Alliance Party public endorsement.